– To portray the concept of Dharma, its meaning & interpret it by taking events/examples from the 2 epics- Ramayana & mahabharat, with a comparison to today.
– Designing a museum based on Dharma with a modern take on Dharma & showcasing it from a practical perspective.
– To showcase the viewer about the real meaning of Dharma by taking examples from Ramayana.
Museum Design, Space Design
PRIMARY: 21-40 years
WHY: Working age, Marital age,
Different perspective to relationships & duties.
SECONDARY: 40-60 years
WHY: To let go.
- Being a Metropolitan, the culture of the city is very different from that of other small cities/towns so the effect of the museum will be much more positive.
- Availability of space/area in the city is highly possible than a place like Mumbai which takes care of convenience of travelling for visitors.
- Delhi being a tourist spot also increase footfall of the museum, to educate people about the epic Ramayana.
INDIAN + ETHNIC + TRADITIONAL
Dharma is a duty conveyed by daily happenings in life. Showing the process of sun rise to growth of a fruit on the tree and falling of the fruit in the background. A cuckoo waking us up with the sunrise. A cow gives us milk, growing of a plant from which a flower blooms. A honey bee flying from the flower to its honey comb to make honey.
Explaining the concept of Dharma through nature and showing how nature doesn’t fail to abide by it’s Dharma.
SECTION 2 :
Keeping Ram as the main focus and showing a transition of all the phases in his life.
From Ram’s life in Ayodhaya as a kid to Ram’s forest life and ending with Ram saving sita.
Showing the Dharma that Ram portrayed in all these phases is what makes us pray him and we tend to forget it.
A movie screened show casing a film on happenings of today, a transition shown in the film of the virtues in olden times to the virtues now due to change of culture.The basic problems faced in a joint family between siblings, husband & wife and also the behaviour with parents. Showing the positives of the olden times to that now.
OATH TREE :
After watching the movie the people exit from a room which has graphics & articles from Ramayan around the room.In the center an installation of a peepal tree where the visitors write an oath they would like to take.